Guidelines for doing Business with the Dural & Round Corner Chamber of Commerce
The Dural & Round Chamber of Commerce (The Chamber) will ensure all its business relationships are ethical, fair and consistent.
By complying with this statement you will be able to advance your business objectives and interests with the Chamber, fairly and ethically.
You should also be aware of the consequences of not complying with this statement. Demonstrated corrupt or unethical conduct could lead to:
a) Termination of contracts/dismissal
b) Loss of further opportunities
c) Investigation for corruption/criminal activity
What should you expect from the Chamber?
The Chamber Executive are bound by the Chamber’s Constitution. They are accountable for their actions and are expected to:
- Use the Chambers resources efficiently and effectively
- Encourage fair and transparent competition while seeking value for money
- Protect confidential and proprietary information
- Deal fairly, ethically and honestly with all individuals and organisations
- Disclose any situation that involves or could be perceived to involve a conflict of interest
- Not seek or accept financial or other benefits for performing official duties
- Treat all potential suppliers with impartiality and fairness and given equal access to information
- Act honestly and ethically when dealing with its members, the community and others; and
- All purchase activities and decisions will be fully and clearly documented to provide an effective audit trail
What does the Chamber expect from you?
We require anyone ‘doing business with the Chamber’ (including all members, suppliers of goods and services, political lobbyists, consultants, contractors and their sub contractors, owners and applicants), to: act ethically, fairly and honestly in all dealings with the Chamber
- Declare any actual or perceived conflicts of interests as soon as you become aware of the conflict
- Take all reasonable measures to prevent disclosure of confidential information
- Provide accurate and reliable advice and information when required
- Not offer Executive members, contractors and consultants any financial inducements or any gift or other benefits to gain preferential treatment
- Comply with the law
- Where equipment or resources are supplied by the Chamber, they must only be used for the agreed purpose
- Assist the Chamber to prevent unethical practices in our business relationships by complying with this Statement.
- Respect the Chambers intellectual property rights and formally negotiate any access, license or use of intellectual property.
If you have any questions regarding this Statement or wish to provide information about suspected corrupt or unethical conduct, maladministration, serious and substantial waste, please contact the Chamber’s President on 9651 3473, by telephone or in writing.