The Sustainable Communities Conference is a one-day event connecting and supporting communities across the Hills Shire. The conference will provide opportunities to discuss communities of interests and community planning, community governance, building social capital, improving community well-being and social services, strengthening collaboration and partnerships.
Details for the conference are as follows:
- Date: 10th November 2015
- Time: 9am to 4pm
- Cost: $35
- Venue: The Lyceum, Castle Hill RSL, 77 Castle St, Castle Hill
Who Should Attend?
Councillors, CEOs and directors of not-for-profit organisations, managers and Council employees (working in community & economic development), community groups, youth workers, community and cultural development workers and stakeholders.
By attending this conference, you will gain knowledge on:
- Advocacy and strategic input and advice to government about community issues and the organisations that support them;
- Sharing information and research around building capacity and optimising resources;
- Building relationships with key stakeholders to develop a cross-sectoral response to address issues relating to The Hills;
- Identifying potential pathways and referral options for communities of interest; and
- Providing best-practice examples/models for work and professional development.
Who will be speaking?
Jim Diers : Community Builder
- Internationally renowned and based in Seattle, USA
- Master in community engagement
- Thought provoking talks on mapping and mobilising the community’s strengths
Peter Tregilgas : Social Innovation
- Master of social innovation
- Specialist in Cooperatives and Social Enterprises
- Co-authored and produced Social Enterprise in Australia and Cooperatives in Australia
- Social responsibility, economic development and aspirational community capacity building
Ian McBurney : Ecological Sustainability Practitioner
- Master of ceremonies
- Has inspired tens of thousands to move towards a better future
- Practical strategies to embrace challenges associated with change
Get your tickets online today!
Queries can be directed to [email protected] or to Raquel Ricafort-Bleza on 9843 0237.